HOW TO INSTALL CAST-IN ANCHOR CHANNELS
Concrete embeds for high load
Our Hilti HAC anchor channel is a new generation of cast-in anchor system used in concrete structures for reliable load transfers.
- It allows smoother load distribution, easier installation and comes in different lengths.
- Innovative V-form allows smooth load distribution around the channel profile and helps prevent air pockets and concrete voids underneath the channel.
- Protective foam insert (LDPE) and end caps seal the channel effectively, helping to prevent concrete slurry entering the channel. The end-caps also support the user to install t-bolts in a safe position with offset to the channel-end.
- Foam insert features a tear-out strip for fastest removal ensuring to integrity and high quality of galvanization (avoiding damage to the galvanization through use of screw drivers, hammers or gas torches).
- The same t-bolts fit all our Hilti channels HAC-40 to HAC-70.
- HAC-30 is designed to fit the modular Hilti MQ framing system. The MQ framing system can be directly inserted into HAC-30 channels. The use of additional threaded couplers and working time can be avoided.
- Hilti HAC anchor channels are manufactured in five different standard profiles in lengths up to 5 800 mm (19 feet).
HILTI HAC CAST-IN CHANNEL – CODE COMPLIANCE
US codes and regulations:
- Approved performance in all directions, ESR-3520 including longitudinal loads and 3D seismic.
- First ICC-ES report for anchor channel systems for all load directions and seismic design categories A-F.
- In accordance with AC232, the state-of-the-art standard for cast-in channel design.
- All sizes of our Hilti HAC-40 to HAC-70 are qualified for seismic loading.
- Two qualified methods to choose from to transfer shear loads acting in the direction of the longitudinal channel axis.
- Includes normal weight concrete as well as all lightweight and sand-lightweight concrete.
- Compliance with International Building Code (IBC) 2015, 2012, 2009 and 2006.
- Compliance with International Residential Code (IRC) 2015, 2012, 2009 and 2006.
- Compliance with Abu Dhabi International Building Code (ADIBC).
European codes and regulations:
- Approved by the European Technical Assessment.
- Complies with EOTA TR047, ready for new EN 1992-4, latest state of the art in design code.
- Approved for 2D static and quasi-static loading, fatigue loading, and fire exposure.
HOW TO DESIGN ANCHOR CHANNEL SYSTEMS
If you need help with design, work with Hilti engineering experts – please contact your local Hilti team.
You can also use our Hilti PROFIS Anchor Channel design software, which
- Allows you to design using our own Hilti design method to create applications beyond international codes, or choose to design according to a wide range of international codes
- Includes mechanical and chemical adhesive anchors
- Includes cast-in-place and post-installed anchors
- Links to our Hilti BIM/CAD library